As of Apr. 2, the following cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered in Valdez:
(These numbers include state and IHS allocations and both Valdez residents and those who live/work in Alaska who received vaccination in Valdez.)
- Pfizer-BioNTech: 323 first doses and 288 second doses.
- Moderna: 1,177 first doses and 566 second doses.
- Johnson & Johnson Janssen: 65 single doses
- Total Number of First Dose Vaccinations Administered: 1,500
- Total Number of Vaccination Series Completed (second dose or single dose series): 919
Valdez Testing Options
If you think you may have been exposed to the virus which causes COVID-19 or have even one mild symptom, please reach out to the Valdez Public Health Clinic or your medical provider for guidance on next steps.
Multiple options exist for both symptomatic and asymptomatic testing in Valdez. All local testing options are by appointment only and at no out-of-pocket cost to the patient.
- Providence Valdez Medical Center. Offers both symptomatic and asymptomatic state lab testing.
Call 907.255.6063 to schedule a testing appointment (not a rapid testing option). Those who need pre-procedure testing should call 907.835.2249 for testing appointment instructions.
- The Alfa Doc. Offers both symptomatic & asymptomatic rapid testing. Call 907.835.2532 to schedule a testing appointment.
- Valdez City Schools. Offers symptomatic rapid testing to school district students and employees only. Call 907.835.4728 to schedule an appointment.
- Valdez Medical Clinic. Offers symptomatic & asymptomatic rapid testing. Call 907.831.6441 or 907.835.4811 to schedule an appointment.