TWO VACANCIES TO EACH SERVE A THREE YEAR TERM
The City of Valdez is seeking applications from members of the community who are interested in Parks and Recreation needs for our City. Two vacancies currently exist due to term expiration. Appointees will serve a three year term of office, expiring in October of 2020.
Powers and duties:
The commission is an advisory commission to the city council and the planning and zoning commission. It shall:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the city in regard to the planning, implementation and enforcement of programs dealing with the establishment, development and maintenance of parks, the creation and preservation of recreational facilities and opportunities, and the conservation of natural and recreational features within the city.
- Receive, consider and evaluate public input, opinions and recommendations regarding the parks and recreation programs of the city and advise the city council and planning and zoning commission of any findings or recommendations.
- Make recommendations regarding the parks and recreation budget of the city.
- Meet at least once a month and cause minutes of each meeting to be recorded and forwarded to the council through the city manager.
- Perform such other activities as may be requested of it by the city council or the planning and zoning commission.
Online applications may be submitted through the City’s boards and commission application portal at www.ci.valdez.ak.us/boardsandcommissions. Paper applications are available at City Hall and can be submitted by email to email@example.com or dropped off at the front desk of City Hall. Deadline for submission is Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. for appointment by City Council on October 3, 2017.
Posted: September 7, 2017
Allie Ferko, CMC, Deputy City Clerk