Travel Show & Events Coordinator Position
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Travel Show & Events Coordinator to produce VCVB events from conception through to completion, and as a specialized marketing representative for the Valdez Convention & Visitors Bureau (VCVB), you are required to spend many hours working with the general public at the VCVB Consumer Travel Shows. The regular tasks will involve providing information about the brand Valdez, it’s tourism products and VCVB business member services, generating sales opportunities for the VCVB business members, and working to build consumer travel preference for Valdez.
You will provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet quality expectations. In addition, you will provide outstanding customer service and support to the Event Members of the VCVB.
You will be expected to attend all the VCVB Consumer Travel Shows throughout the Lower 48 and State of Alaska. Your well informed knowledge of Valdez and it’s many Visitor business services and activities will be the key to your success.
Responsibilities – Events Coordination
- Plan, design and produce in coordination with the VCVB Board Events Committee – the Annual Oktoberfest/Home Brew Competition, while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Organize facilities and coordinate all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify volunteer staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Liaise with event clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Attend all VCVB Event Members meetings throughout the year
- Ensure all the VCVB Event Members are fully supported within their membership level benefits
Responsibilities – Travel Shows
- Promotes Valdez, Valdez tourism products and VCVB business member services.
- Represents the city of Valdez and the VCVB in a positive way.
- Builds sales opportunities for the members of the VCVB.
- Interacts with consumers at the Shows.
- Works with the VCVB team and its’ business members.
- Answers questions about the tours & attractions, history & culture, accommodation, and other services regarding Valdez as a travel destination.
- Demonstrates how Valdez is a preferred travel destination in Alaska
- Sets up and breaks down displays for the Shows.
- Tracks and restocks show literature (guides/brochures).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
- Must be willing to travel nationally to travel shows
- Be away from Valdez for short periods of time (up to and including 7 days)
- Must be willing to work at public venues where there a large crowds of people.
- Must be able and willing to lift heavy merchandise (up to 40 pounds)
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which can include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have at minimum 5 years’ experience/knowledge relating to Valdez, it’s products and services in order to influence the Consumer.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Event & Consumer Show experience a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well-groomed and professionally presented
- Must be outgoing, energetic and able to work with the public.
- Must have a valid and clean driver’s license
- Able to use computer systems and common applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Must be over the age of 21 due to the nature of the Oktoberfest/Home Brew Competition as will be exposed to Alcohol.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary will be based on experience but at minimum $40,000 / year with annual performance review wage increase opportunity.
Full Time Position is offered
Medical & Dental Benefits will be offered after qualifying period
Application requirements: Must submit a Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References
***Any questions, call or email Laurine at 835-2984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.***