FAIRBANKS PROSPECTOR CATCHES FIRE
Fairbanks Newsminer -
Updated 11:30 p.m. - A fire that broke out in the basement of Prospector Outfitters early this morning forced the outdoor retailer at 1512 South Cushman St. to close. The fire started in the building's basement in the boiler room shortly after 1 a.m., according to Fairbanks Fire Department Assistant Chief Ernie Misewicz. The smoke set off the sprinkler system, which doused the fire before crews arrived on scene. CLICK HERE
to view full article about fire and subsequent break in and arrest of thieves who tried to loot the store.
- Owner of Prospector Valdez and Fairbanks is in Fairbanks assessing the damage and said he appreciates all the offers of assistance from people in Valdez and Fairbanks. "The fire crews did an amazing job of putting out the fire and trying to save some of the merchandise from smoke and water damage. We are thankful no one was in the building when it caught fire", said Prax.